As all of our training is carried out at our clients’ premises, or site, and to ensure that everything runs smoothly, we require the following:
PASMA Tower Theory Sessions
- A suitable room for delivering the theory sessions which are usually carried out between 8.00am and 12.30pm
- Every delegate must have a seat at a table – so the room must be large enough to accommodate everyone.
- Refreshments – we normally have a break between 10.45am and 11.00am and have lunch between 12.30pm and 1.00pm
- There is no afternoon break but tea and coffee etc. would be appreciated.
- 240v electricity supply as we provide all visual projection equipment.
- Supply of pens (not pencils) – no notepaper is required.
PASMA Tower Practical Sessions
- These usually take place between 1.00pm and 3 – 4.30pm (directly after lunch)
- Internal Headroom of 6mtrs is required if practical is indoors,
- One 4.2m platform height double span tower c/w telescopic stabilisers for up to 5 men
- Two 4.2m platform height double span towers c/w telescopic stabilisers are required for 6 men up to a max of 12
- Manufacturers Assembly Guides are required for each delegate + Instructor.
- PASMA require the advanced guardrail system to be covered so one set of advanced guardrails are required.
- Ground area free of obstructions 5m x 6m.
- PPE to include gloves, hard hat with fitted chin strap, safety footwear, hi-vis jacket/vest.
TG20:13 Scaffolding Inspection
- A suitable traditional scaffolding structure with faults, to carry out inspection exercises.
- We supply drawings of all required faults.
System Scaffold Basic 5.5mtr Erector
- We will supply a list of components required.
- Sufficient ground area 12m x 10m, + storage area, which can be cordoned off, will also be necessary.
Ladder and Step Courses
- Double Extension Ladder (4 mtrs) timber or alloy or both to Class 1 or BSEN 131
- 1 pair of Builder Steps (5 – 7 tread) – Class 1
- 1 pair of Platform Steps – Class 1
- Suitable area to erect and use the equipment – preferably inside in case of bad weather.
- Any damaged examples you may have would be a useful resource.
Personal Fall Protection Courses
- Sufficient full-body harnesses and lanyards will be required for all delegates (a minimum of 1 kit per 2 men is required).
- We will supply for demonstration purposes different types of Fall Protection equipment.
Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (Cherry Pickers / Scissors)
- Preferably a small boom machine is best as this allows us to award an operator license for both types of machines but if a scissor is provided, for the practical assessments, then only a scissor license can be issued.
- In addition sufficient area to operate at 85% of it’s capability, internally or externally and 2 full body harnesses and 2 restraint lanyards are also required.
Abrasive Wheel Courses
- 14″ Chop Saw and Blades – normally supplied by the client
- 12″ Petrol Driven saw – if used
- 9″, 5″ and 4″ Angle Grinders and Blades – normally supplied by the client
- These machines are used only for the practical mounting assessments and are NOT used working under load.
All courses – personal protection equipment
All delegates MUST have available on the training day the following equipment:
- Hard Hat with fitted Chin Strap
- Protective Footwear
- Outside Protection – Hi-Vis Site Jacket and Warm Coat (in case of bad weather)
Clients should note that all the aformentioned requirements will be fully discussed prior to the training taking place. However we do reserve the right to abort any course where our instructors consider the health and safety of the trainees is put at risk by either the equipment or the venue not being suitable. Should this unlikely event occur then we would require payment in full.
We look forward to working with you in the near future.